Objectives of GEMA:
1. To unite mission related organizations in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and to pray for the enabling power of the Holy Spirit to carry out the Great Commission in our time.
2. To promote co-operation among missions and mission related bodies in Ghana.
3. To eliminate wasteful duplication of effort and to pool resources.
4. To create a forum for sharing strategies and techniques.
5. To establish a strong and reliable association that can properly represent Ghanaian missions at the national and international fronts.
6. To set and maintain improved standards of integrity and accountability in order to increase confidence in Ghanaian missionary activities.
7. To provide the machinery for the compilation, collation and dissemination of information on missions locally and globally.
8. To cultivate the productive partnership between the Church and missions.
9. To associate and affiliate with the appropriate regional and global bodies.