What is VISION 2040
It is a compelling 20 year vision and Missions Agenda for the whole of Ghana.
Why the need for the vision?
To help the church fulfill her mandate to send the Gospel to the uttermost parts of the world with special emphasis on unengaged and unreached peoples.
Who is behind it?
The Ghana Evangelical Missions Association ( GEMA), the Umbrella Body of Mission Agencies and Missionary Churches in Ghana. GEMA seeks to “build a Network to reach the nations”.
How will the vision be realized?
Through active partnership between GEMA, Churches, mission agencies, para-church organizations and individual Christians and other Partners.
What are the Pillars of VISION 2040
The 4 PILLARS OF VISION 2040 are the following.
By AD 2040 by the Grace of God, we seek to see:
1. AN EVANGELIZED GHANA WITHOUT ANY UNREACHED PEOPLE GROUPS
- To see Ghana evangelized in our generation.
- To see the 19 remaining Unreached people Groups reached with the gospel to the extent that they have enough Christians able to evangelize their people from generation to generation till Christ returns.
2. A STRONG SENDING CHURCH
- To see a strong, Christ-like, Mission Minded and Missionary Sending Church in Ghana that is significantly contributing to World Evangelization and the fulfillment of the Great Commission
3. A STRONG MISSIONARY PRAYING CHURCH
- To see a Prayerful Church fervently and consistently praying for the salvation of the lost and the unreached people groups, Ghana, the nations as well as for Leadership and Missionaries.
- The Ghanaian church is a praying Church and VISION 2040 seeks to leverage that for the Great Commission and for God’s Glory.
4. A NEW GENERATION OF MISSIONAL CHRISTIANS
- To see a new Generation of Missional, passionate, word-based, obedient, Spirit-filled, matured and Christ-Centered Christians emerge to lead Ghana, ( in all areas- church, government, education, business, media, marketplace, para-church, non-profit, the arts etc), serve with integrity, being corruption-free as well being true Disciples of our Lord Jesus Christ, who make reproducible disciples everywhere they find themselves, and many of them becoming a new breed of Missionaries fearlessly and sacrificially taking the Gospel throughout Ghana, West Africa, the rest of Africa and the uttermost parts of the world.
What are the VISION 2040 Goals that would make this expected outcomes and Pillars possible?
The VISION 2040 Goals (AD 2020 – AD2040) are :
- Facilitating the sending of 30,000 Missionaries (to the unreached and mission-fields in Ghana, West Africa, the rest of Africa and the ends of the earth)
- Mobilizing 30,000 Churches to pray
- Mobilizing 30,000 Churches to send (Missionaries)
How will the Vision be funded?
Primarily through he Ghana Missions Fund and the generosity of the missions movement and the Body of Christ.
What are the other VISION 2040 Projects that would help the Vision to be accomplished?
The Ghana Missions fund and the Missions Mentoring Network
- THE GHANA MISSIONS FUND – To raise funds from a wider spectrum of Believers in Ghana to help fund missions in Ghana and from Ghana.
- The strategy amongst others is to have a 10million + cedis yearly fund ( Mobilize 1 million Christians to give 10 cedis each year ( plus other larger donations)
- MISSIONS MENTORING NETWORK – To raise a new Generation of Mission-Minded Christians right from Primary School age groups, thru Junior & Senior High School Level to University level and beyond.
What about Monitoring & Evaluation?
- Compilation of databases of both Church and mission agency sending structures
- Field Visits/ Continuous research
- Periodic State of missions Consultations
- Feedback/reports from GEMA
How do you come in?
Getting your buy-in/insight/prayer/willingness to share with others/ willingness to partner/ willingness to send missionaries etc
Turning the Tide: Vision 2040 seeks to “turn the tide” as far as missions is concerned in Ghana.
Globally statistics reveal that only 2% of Christians share their faith on a regular basis. Also a greater majority of Ghanaian Christians do not know of or do not obey the Great Commission.
Vision 2040 seeks to turn the tide in this area of missions, evangelism, discipleship and disciple-making.
It seeks to bring it to the forefront of the life of the Church and Believers in Ghana. Join us. Let us to this together.
FOR GOD AND FOR COUNTRY